Yes, I know I keep doing the on again off again thing, but as long as I keep trying eventually it will stick. And starting over and over is better than giving up completely.

This morning I did a general warm up:
Touch Toes: 15
Lunges: 10 per leg
Side Lunges: 10 per side
Butt Kicks: 75 feet (or 7 times across my garage floor)
High Knees: 75 feet (or 7 times across my garage floor)
Arm Circles: 20
Trunk Twists: 20
Side Bends: 20 per side

Butt Kicks and High Knees are really tough! They look so easy, but when I actually do these exercises...WOW can I ever feel it!

Then I went for a walk/run. For those of you who know me you know that running and I do not get along even when I was in shape many many years ago.

I didn't go far but I'm trying out interval training. I was going to walk for 35 minutes but I realized I only had 15 minutes left before I needed to get home and get ready for work I just stuck to the park paths.

I walked to the park and at the beginning of the path I ran for 60 steps and then walked for 60 steps. I did this back and forth for 15 minutes ending up back home.

Tomorrow the plan is to walk moderately for 15 minutes and then do the 60 seconds of running/60 seconds of walking. I will repeat the walk/run 5 times finishing with 15 minutes of moderate walking. (Since I do not have a stop watch I will be using the 60 steps method.)

My goal is to come up with a routine that works best for me. Something I can stick to and do while at home. I've seen a lot of workouts that would be great, but going to a gym just isn't going to work for me right now. So, I will improvise and come up with something that works for me even when the snow flies.

I did go biking Saturday (5.2 miles/8.4 km) and Sunday (1.8 miles 2.9 km) but I ate junk food all weekend.

My focus now is also to eat healthier and no more takeout, unless it's a low fat sub. I still don't want to count calories if I can help it. If I eat healthier and keep my portion size under control I should be okay. I just have to remind myself weight loss doesn't come easy. It's a long process, it's a lifestyle change, which is why I don't want to count calories.

Until tomorrow!


0 comments:

About