With the arrival of spring brings Spring Cleaning and Tunes Ups. I did a very basic tune up on my bike yesterday but will do a more complete one this week.

Here is a bicycle tune up check list that I found:
  1. Pump it up!
  2. Check for wear and damage
  3. Check break lever and caliper action
  4. Check break-pads
  5. Check cables
  6. Lube the chain
  7. Tighten lose bolts and screws
  8. Clean the bike
So, after 3 weeks of not going to the gym and really not exercising I'm trying to get back to it. Yesterday I put air in my bike tires and WD-40 on my bike chain. I biked a total of 5.2 miles (8.36 km).

I had to pay $1 to put air in my tires! I shared with the next guy who needed air in his car tires. My bike chain fell off, but I'm pretty sure that's because my pants kept catching in the chain. I will never again laugh at another person who tucks their one pant leg into their sock, who knew?

If any of you have ever done any real biking you'll know what happens when you haven't biked in a long time and start out fresh. Your posterior hurts an awful lot, but I'm pushing through the pain. =)

This morning was a challenge in many respects. First was waking up, I desperately wanted to just go back to bed. It's easy to fall into a routine of NOT going to the gym. I finished packing my bag and the next challenge was my gym bag. It's too heavy and awkward, what I need is a large back pack. If my gym bag slips the wrong way I almost topple over. The other issue of course was sitting down on my bike seat, I had to make sure I lifted off the seat when going over large bumps. The important thing is I DID IT!

At the gym, I only worked out for about 30 minutes. Since, I'd already done my cardio with the biking I opted for just a 6 minute warm up on the Elliptical. I didn't want to over do it so I just did 1 set on the machines. I did have moments of feeling dizzy, but I pushed through it. I'll find out Wednesday evening if the problem is my thyroid or if I have to keep looking.

Biking: 4 miles / 6.42 km
Elliptical: 0.54 miles / 0.86 km / 6 minutes / 70 cal

LOWER BODY - 1 set of 12 reps

Back Ext: 175 lbs
Leg Press: 210
Leg Curls: 85
Leg Ext: 85
Hip Adduction: 100
Hip Abduction: 115
Ab Machine: 30 (x2)

0 comments:

About