Good Morning. It's Monday and a fresh new week. I woke up at 5:09 am ( I just had to hit snooze once). My two youngest Joey and Riley kept waking up last night and I wanted nothing more than to go back to bed, but I got up and I walked.

This morning I was equipped with my 1 lb weights and an ankle weight (not sure how much it weighs). Today was the 2 mile walk. I switched the ankle weight to the other side on my trek back to ensure an even workout. I also managed 13 bench push ups.

It was hard this morning, I felt tired and my shins hurt while I walk. I've been reading about that today and I think the main problem is my shoes, but I'll have to make do until the middle of August. I won't use my shins hurting as an excuse not to walk.

Flapping, Slapping Feet are a sign of improper walking. Instead of rolling through the step with your forward foot from heel to toe, your foot is flattening out prematurely. Either you are fighting stiff, heavy shoes or your shins are too weak to let you roll through the step. I learned I can strengthen my shins by writing the alphabet in the air with my toes.

I refuse to let anything stop me from my routine. Not even my poor husband, who keeps getting woken up at 6 am because the kids wake before I get home.

I've had a song stuck in my head since I woke this morning. So, I leave you with the lyrics for We are one in the Spirit by Colleen and Grace. Be blessed this day!

We are one in the Spirit
We are one in the Lord
We are one in the Spirit
We are one in the Lord
And we pray that all unity
May one day be restored,
By our love
Yes, they’ll know we are Christians
By our love

We will walk with each other
We will walk hand in hand
We will walk with each other
We will walk hand in hand
And together we’ll spread the news
That God is in our land

All praise to the Father
From whom all things come
And all praise to Christ Jesus His only son
And all praise to the Spirit
Who makes us one

Make us one, Lord!

Make us one, Lord!

0 comments:

About