Good morning. This will be a short post today because I decided at 5 am that I would not take a walk or bike ride today. My fear is I'll take a day off and just never go back to exercising. I like this routine and I want to keep doing it. After overdoing it yesterday my legs are very stiff and sore and needed a break. So, I reset the alarm for 5:30, intending to sleep in just a little but I got out of bed at 5:23.

With my stiff legs I decided to work the top half of my body by hitting the punching bag and lifting weights. I only did one rep of 10 for every weight lifting move I could think of, I believe there was eight. Since I didn't go for a walk or ride I didn't have a bench nearby, so I used the stairs for my push ups. I managed 15! Twice! My first set I managed to go straight through to 15. My second set was done after hitting the punching bag a while and I had to stand up at 9 push ups before finishing the remaining 6. I'm quite proud of myself for accomplishing this since I hate push ups so much.

I'm still hitting the punching bag slowly so I can get into a rhythm and not hurt my wrists. Gradually over time I will increase my speed and strength. The last time I used my punching bag, (and I mean really used it) I hurt my wrist so badly I had to wear a brace for a couple of weeks. Apparently I bend my wrist when I go too fast. I did get into a rhythm this morning though. I hit the bag about 600 times alternating with each fist. (I like to count so I know how much I've done, helps me to feel like I've really accomplished something.)

I probably didn't burn many calories but I want to tone up as well as lose weight. Weight loss in the past for me was mostly about fitting into nicer clothes and just generally being smaller. This time around I want fitness. I want to be strong. That is why I am doing all of this. I want muscle (not body builder I look like a man muscle). I want my kids to see me as a strong woman not as the fat, tired woman I am today. I want to be able to challenge them and win.

I'm quite tired this morning and my brain is kinda fuzzy. I took a call and totally spaced out, I couldn't think of a word, it was weird. I think I'm going to have to go to bed even earlier tonight and see if that helps. Come to think of it, Riley woke up last night and didn't want to go back to sleep. I remember being super frustrated, because normally I can give her a bottle and she goes right back to sleep. She did eventually go back to sleep after rocking her for a while, but I was super cranky. Oh and my cell rang at midnight with a restricted number, some guy looking for Allison. How is it my cell phone gets so many wrong numbers?

Have a great day.

0 comments:

About