A new week begins and as usual I slept in and took my time, missed the first bus and didn't get to the gym until after 8.

As you know I've signed up to run in the 2009 Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure. It is a 5 km run. I know I've got 306 days left until the race, but the time to get in shape for the run is now. I've found a 9 week training schedule to jog for 3 miles(5 km). It is a series of 3 work-outs per week. At the end of the 9 weeks I'll be able to jog 3 miles (5 km) in 30 minutes.

Week 1: Brisk 5 minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Workout 1: 1.51 miles (2.4 km) 25 minutes

In other news, my husband bought a weight bench and weights from a friend of his. This inspired him to clean the garage and set up all of our exercise equipment. Now we have a weight bench (complete with weights, push-up bar AND curl bar), punching bag and rowing machine. I'm so glad we have a home gym as well as my membership. This way I can work out at home when I can't get to the gym or on weekends when I don't go to the gym. I'm going to try and workout in the evenings at home, even though I've worked out in the mornings at the gym.

0 comments:

About