Fog

1:49 PM | 0 Comments

The alarm goes off at 5 and I reset it to 5:30. The alarm goes off at 5:30 and I am vaguely aware I hit snooze and it will go off again in 10 minutes, but I don't care. Roughly 9 minutes later I remember the kids need diapers and decided to get up. Man, my back hurts. I have a kink in my right shoulder blade, such an annoying place to have a pain in the back. I must have pulled something last night while teaching my GEMS girls Creative Movement.

Oh I'll just bike today that will be my workout. Then I realize I usually don't leave till close to 6 anyway so why not just go to the gym and buy diapers on the way home. Go downstairs try to haul my bike out of the garage that has become a winter storage dumping ground. I get on my bike and look outside...it's foggy town! As I start biking down the road I swear it's like being in a dream. It's warm out at least and it's really cool to ride through fog so thick I can't see five feet in front of me. I make it to the gym around 6:20.

So I'm determined to be able to do this gym thing without a personal trainer. The plan is to push myself even if no one is there to push me.

Biking: 3.8 miles
Elliptical Trainer: 14 minutes Distance 1 mile. Interval training - pushed it hard for 20-30 seconds every couple of minutes.
Fit Fix Circuit:
back extension: 180 lbs
leg extension: 90 lbs
leg curl: 100 lbs
leg press: 200 lbs
seated row: 75 lbs
lateral pull down: 80 lbs
chest press: 85 lbs
chest fly: 55 lbs (only 8 reps)
shoulder lateral raise: 45 lbs ( I lowered this by 10 lbs so I could actually finish 12 reps)
shoulder press: 35 lbs
biceps: 65 lbs
triceps: 70 lbs
sit ups: 50 lbs

0 comments:

About