Today was my last session with Terry the Trainer. I enjoyed my 6 sessions with him and I learned a lot. Since he knew I would not be continuing with a personal trainer he gave me ideas to keep my workouts from going stale.

Today he explained interval training and how to do it. It can be applied to any workout. Basically at the beginning of every minute push as hard as possible for about 20 seconds and then go at normal pace for the rest of the minute or for a couple of minutes. You won't start burning fat right away but the effects last much longer than a steady workout.

The other thing he showed me was how to use this machine that gives you support for doing bench press squats. WOW! That is a whole workout on it's own!!


He also showed me a couple more of the hammer machines. They work each side independently of the other so it's a lot harder to do than the regular machines.

So I am on my own now, but I know I can do it. Anytime I start to feel intimidated I go through it anyway, except for the class. I haven't made it to actually joining the BodyFlow class yet. I will get the nerve to go, but I like doing my own thing.

0 comments:

About