Official Body-for-LIFE Weight-Training Plan
  • Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobicWorkout exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout.
  • Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.
  • Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.
  • Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.
  • For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.
  • Always plan your training before hand.
  • Record all your weightlifting exercised in a journal indicating the exercise selected and weight lifted.

TODAY:

I took their advice above and made it my own. I did both cardio AND lower body. I also left out the third rep of 12. I'll work my way up to it next week. This week I'm just trying to figure out what works best for me. I must say though, that this workout was hard in the good way and I think it's something i can do.

I've also been more aware of what I'm eating and I have not had chocolate in 3 days. I did make myself a cup of cocoa last night, but it was made with skim milk, cocoa powder and Splenda.

I already feel like I have more energy and I'm generally in a better mood. I know it's only 2 days, but just knowing I can keep going on a regular basis has improved my mood!


CARDIO


  1. Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
  2. Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
  3. Minutes 4-5, 6-10 and 11-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute
  4. Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute
  5. Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute
LOWER BODY

Quadriceps: Leg Presses
100 lbs x 12 reps
130 x 10
160 x 8
190 x 6
160 x 12

Hamstrings: Seated Leg Curls
55 lbs x 12 reps
65 x 10
70 x 8
80 x 6
70 x 9

Calves: Leg Extensions
50 lbs x 12 reps
60 x 10
70 x 8
80 x 6
60 x 12

Abs: Horizontal Abs
10 lbs x 12 reps
20 x 10
30 x 8
40 x 6
20 x 12

0 comments:

About