I've decided to add my meals and eating to the blog. I will try to include what I've eaten for the day.

I did really well today. That is until this evening. I started to make supper. I was making a shrimp and pasta with veggies stir fry. It would have been quick, easy and healthy. I even would have had enough for lunch tomorrow...well, there must have been a spill in the burner, because it went up in flames.

As I was reaching for the salt to douse the flames, my hero husband put the fire out with the fire extinguisher. (He's been itching to use it since we got it.) My dinner was ruined and the kitchen was left with so much residue from the 1 second blast of the extinguisher.

By this time it was 7:30 and I was starving. I grabbed the quickest thing I could and made a cheeseburger, which looking at it now I should have taken the time to throw together a salad or something else. I desperately wanted a cookie after all this, but did the smart thing and grabbed yogurt and granola.

I should have grabbed the cookie, if I could have stopped at the 1 cookie. Because I ended up eating some pretzels and then my husband made nacho which I also had a good helping of. Now I'm too full and of course berating myself when I had been off to such a good start.
The hard part is which was better? To eat the cookie or eat around the craving for the cookie? I know neither a cookie or binging is the answer, but I also know denying oneself isn't the answer either. Ideally, I should not crave the cookie. Ideally, I won't binge either.

So, it's only the first day. I've seen where I went wrong, I've learned from it and now I'm moving on. Tomorrow WILL be better.

Meal 1
Nutribar
Mini Wheats

Meal 2
cottage cheese with strawberries

Meal 3
salad with ranch dressing

Meal 4
President's Choice Lasagna
yogurt with granola

Meal 5
cheeseburger
yogurt and granola

Meal 6
pretzels
nachos

0 comments:

About