"To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not."
- Akhenaton

The past two weeks have been rough. Rough because money's been tight, non-existent in fact. Rough because I've been so tired. I've spent a lot of time thinking about the things I don't have, the food I don't have, the money I don't have.

Today is the first day I've really felt OK with it all. I'm sure it's because payday is only 2 days away, but it has given me something to think about. I am thankful that I have enough food to live on, maybe it's not great or my first choice, but I'm not starving, no where near it. I'm thankful I have my in-laws to fall back on. They've been an invaluable source of support financially, and emotionally for us. I'm thankful for my family's good health. I'm thankful for my good health. Being overweight I am at higher risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and so many other illnesses. I have not had any problems thus far, not even while pregnant, which again being overweight I was at greater risk.

Onto my exercise for the day. I decided to bike, since I've walked both Monday and Tuesday. Plus my arms needed a break from the weights. I am still managing my 32 bench push ups every day (still split 16 at the start and 16 at the end of my route). I still find it challenging to do them. I can't wait till I'm one of those people who can pound off push ups like they are nothing.
Total: 3.9 miles (6.3 km)

Be blessed with what you have!

0 comments:

About