A Big Step

2:20 PM | 0 Comments

I know I haven't written since last Wednesday. I ended up taking Thursday and Friday off because my daughter wouldn't sleep. I went for a walk Monday morning and had an epiphany. Why can't I join a gym? If I could go early enough in the morning when the kids are still sleeping it won't seem like I am gone longer. For those of you who don't know my husband stays home with our children and it's too much to ask him to watch them all day and all night. Besides I'd like to spend some time with my kids.

So, with that in mind I started searching the times Goof Life Fitness opens. One near me opens at 5:30 and one near work opens at 6. I talked it over with my husband and called Good Life for a tour. I liked what I saw and we sat down to talk money. I again talked it over with my husband and his only issue was that I wouldn't be paying all this money to either not go at all or to continue to eat mass amounts of junk food. I assured him I want this and I'm willing to do what is necessary. So, I have officially joined Good Life Fitness.

I get 6 hours with a personal trainer and the facilities are great! It's a brand new facility and it's huge! I'm still waiting to hear from a trainer, they say it can take 48 hours to contact you. However, that didn't stop me from working out this morning...

This morning I woke up at 5 am. I left the house shortly before 5:30 and got there at 6:45. I biked there and back for a total of 3.8 miles (6.2 km). My workout consisted of 9 machines for a complete body workout. Good Life has it set up as a 20 minute circuit. I think I did it in about 25 minutes. Then I went upstairs to a treadmill and did a15 minute Fat Burner. I went at 3 mph for most of the walk and I even ran at 4 mph for a bit. The incline adjusts automatically and at one point was at 11.9% I felt like I was going to fall. I really worked hard and boy did I work up a sweat! I certainly haven't been working nearly that hard in the past few months. It was super windy on the way home which made it harder of course. I was home by 6:50 and it was nice to have some time to relax.

I found a workout buddy at work. I mentioned joining Good Life to a co-worker and she said she's a member to. So you know I was like a dog with a bone and bugged her to meet me at the location near work. We're going to meet Thursday at 7 am to work out. I'm super exited to have someone to work out with, even if we only meet together once a week it will totally be worth it!

Have a great day!

0 comments:

About