Good Day! My first meeting with Terry, my personal trainer, went well. He's very nice and explains things quite well. I finally understand the blood pressure numbers now. My blood pressure was between excellent and good :-) although I've never had any problems in that area. My resting heart rate was 81, but I did bike to the gym so he wasn't worried there.

He asked why I decided to join the gym and what I expect to get out of it. He asked why it's different for me this time than previous attempts at a gym years ago. I told him I'm looking to get fit and be healthy and yeah lose weight. I want to increase my energy level to keep up with my kids. I told him this time I joined for me. Previous attempts at a gym I was single and my focus was more on trying to find someone and gyms can be quite intimidating if you are really self-conscious, which I was. Now I've got determination on my side, that and a care-free attitude when it comes to stranger's opinions on how I look.

After our discussion we started with 7 minutes on the Elliptical Trainer. I told him the last time i tried it hurt my feet and Terry explained that I need to lift my heels when pushing back. It helped.

Then we moved onto the Fit Fix Circuit. As you know from previous entries I've been doing 3 sets of 12 reps on each machine. Apparently, doing 1 set of 12 reps and moving quickly from machine to machine is the recommended way. He also had me pushing heavier weights than what I'd used previously. I didn't write it all down, but here is what I can remember and I think it's pretty close: (Compared to Yesterday)

1. back extension - 70 lbs 55
2. seated leg curl - 45 lbs 25
3. leg extension - 40 lbs 40
4. seated row - 45 lbs 25
5. chest press - 40 lbs 15
6. lateral raise - 30 lbs 20
7. biceps curl - 25 lbs 25
8. triceps extension - 25 lbs 25
9. ab crunch - 10 lbs 20

Some of these were much more difficult than when I did it on my own, but on the plus side this will give me more time to work on cardio.

Speaking of cardio I am going to check out a class on Monday. Yes I said class, as in me being a part of a group class. I didn't think I was interested in a group class at all, but I'm growing as a person... :-) The class is called BodyFlow and I'll be going to the Queen Street location. Class is from 7 - 8 am.

BODYFLOW is the yoga, tai chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance. Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments:

About