Today was my second appointment with Terry the Trainer. I was late because it was raining, but the meeting went well. We started with my weight and body fat.
Weight 243 lbs
Body Fat: 49.3%
Lean Body Mass: 123 lbs

The initial goal is to bring my body fat % down. The healthy range for my height is 21-33%. The goal is to get down to 33%. When I told Terry my goal weight of 160 lbs he informed me that is an excellent goal for my body type/height. This makes me feel so much better about my goal because I've had other individuals (who are not personal trainers) tell me that my goal weight should be 135 lbs. I've never wanted to go down that far. I was very happy with my weight at 160 lbs the last time I successfully lost weight. I had energy and felt great! Terry informed me that trying to get down to the weight you were in high school is unrealistic because your body is not finished growing.
Then we did about 10 minutes on the treadmill - I much prefer the it to the Elliptical Trainer. After, we hit the Fit Fix circuit. He upped the amount of weights on each machine. The one I had the most trouble with was the bicep curls. I think he set it at 55 lbs. I wanted to give up so badly, but I didn't I finished my one set of 12.

I think the following weights were what I did last time, I'm going from memory so some may not be accurate:
- back extension - 100 lbs
- seated leg curl - 70 lbs
- leg extension - 70 lbs
- seated row - 55 lbs
- chest press - 50 lbs
- lateral raise - 40 lbs
- biceps curl - 55 lbs
- triceps extension - 55 lbs
- ab crunch - 15 lbs

He also introduced me to a few new machines:
- seated leg press (135 lbs)
- lateral pull down (20 lbs)
- shoulder press ( 20 lbs)

Thursday we will look at taking body measurements. I'm not really looking forward to this, but I have to face up to it. The more I face the problems, the more determined I feel about making the right choices.

Speaking of determination I've recently discovered definition in my biceps. I get so excited every time I flex and see the shape of muscles. For the first time in my life I GET why guys like to look at their "guns" and flex their muscles. It's totally amazing! I've lost weight before, but I've never had real muscles!

NOTE: The following contains Female Issues.

This week I have my period. As you know I have low iron and have been on supplements for little over a month now and I do notice some changes. I am tired still, but not nearly as much as I was previously. I think working out this week has helped. The flow hasn't been as heavy and the other symptoms have been a little easier as well.

I don't think I mentioned this, but I've been taking Paxil since the end of February. I started taking them because of PMDD ( or as I like to call it PMS to the extreme). Over 2 weeks ago I stopped taking them. I stopped for a couple of reasons, the main being money and I no longer have a drug plan. Another reason is that I can use going to the gym as my anti-depressant. I didn't go through withdrawals like I've seen others go through. I only had some minor light headedness which is now gone.

Exercise can do a lot to improve your mood -- and across the board, studies have shown that regular exercise can be as effective a treatment for depression as antidepressant medication or psychotherapy.

My biggest concern was this time of the month and my emotions. I've had my moments don't get me wrong but nothing like I've had in the past. This month my PMS symptoms have been on a normal scale instead of on a PMDD scale. All in all I seem to be in good health.

0 comments:

About